Sunday, September 4, 2011

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHTS: "THE THREE MUSKETEERS" WITH LOGAN LERMAN, LUKE EVANS, MATTHEW MACFADYEN, ORLANDO BLOOM AND MILLA JOVOVICH READY TO PREMIERE THIS OCTOBER!

Ready to premiere and hit cinemas big time October 21st is the spectacular new adaptation of the legendary story by famous French writer Alexandre Dumas THE THREE MUSKETEERS. Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (RESIDENT EVIL) the new version of the old story is probably not for historical purists since it brings a mesmerizing, fantastic and visually mind blowing retelling of the old story in the form of a steam-punk high powered, action packed adventure.

THE STORY AND THE STELLAR CAST
The story, which will follow hot-headed young D'Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down on their luck Musketeers (whom he finds as a shadow of their former selves,
working menial jobs and seeking a cause worth serving), who must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war, will have a rather magnificent star studded cast: young D'Artagnan is played by Logan Lerman from PERCY JACKSON
THE LIGHTNING THIEF, and he is joined by three rogue Musketeers - hunky Ray Stevenson (ROME, THOR, PUNISHER 2) who appears as Porthos, magnetic and super talented Luke Evans (CLASH OF THE TITANS, THE HOBBIT, IMMORTALS)as Aramis and
dashingly refined Matthew Macfadyen (THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH, ROBIN HOOD) as Athos. The four of them will try to stop the evil Cardinal Richelieu, played by Christoph Waltz, they will face off with lord Buckingham, played by Orlando Bloom and the treacherous Milady de Winter, a role which director Paul W.S. Anderson gave to his wife Milla Jovovich, who will probably be the weakest link in the cast. Mads Mikkelsen (CLASH OF THE TITANS, VALHALLA RISING) will appear as Rochefort, wonderful German
star Till Schweiger will be Cagliostro, while young Juno Temple will play the queen.
MUSKETEER TIDBITS
Beside getting a state of the art update in 3-D THE THREE MUSKETEERS will be less focused on corsets and feathered hats
and more on the eye-popping action, romance and adventure as you've already seen in the mind-blowing trailer announcing the film with scenes involving Matrix action, fire blowing cannons and flying ships. Bellow you can also check out a rather stunning TV spot which includes all the amazing action scenes and visual treats which await us in the film this Autumn. British band Take That are singing the lead song for the film which will be called "When We Were Young". The film was mostly shot at different  filming locations in Germany.

25 comments:

  1. Mila Jovovich you say?
    I gotta watch that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew guys would watch the film just for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually like these movies better when they're true to the novel, but a modern twist with steampunk elements could be fun. I did like the trailer you showed before. I also think you're right about Jovovich being the weakest link. It's good to be married to the director.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, and that's how people should take it - as a fun and entertaining mix of old and modern. I love the visual style shown in all of the trailers so far.
    Milla really is a bad actress. Attractive, but bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ...i want see that .P
    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orlando Bloom and MILLA J in one movie???
    Count me IN, times 30,0000!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen several releases of this story - a couple in black and white - and I never tire of it. It always draws the hottest actors of the time. I'm sure I'll enjoy the steampunk twist.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go see it! I like the unique spin and I like steampunk~ I have seen a lot of versions; the cast looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't too excited about this when I first heard about it -but now that I've seen the trailer, I've TOTALLY changed my mind. Love the treatment. Can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very much looking forward to this film. I really like the slightly steampunk vibe to it too. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those costumes look pretty awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been a fan of the Musketeer stories...perhaps it is a fault of the films so far...maybe this new one will change my opinion. Great images Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe.Some. I would definitely see this. I love the dark spin to the original story too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Damon
    glad you liked it ;)

    @Drew
    didn't know you liked Orlando too beside Milla :)

    @Donna
    yep, it's one of those classic stories people will always like to see on the big screens and on TV as well, especially with amazing cast like this one

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ella
    Steampunk element is a nice touch, isn't it? :) And the cast is just lovely

    @Sam
    ah, Sam's back :) Nice to see you darling. Yep, the film will bring a nice twist to the old story

    @Jamie
    they had to add something to modernize the story, and I think they did it successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Libby
    they are quite nice. I'm not a fan of that frill, feathers and lace period, but the costumes do look nice in the film.

    @Dan
    glad you liked the images and the posters, Dan!

    @Liz
    a month of waiting and the film hits the cinemas :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Dezz - great to know more about this movie. It was one of my favorite books and stories as a kid and I've watched almost all movies made about the Musketeer's. I'm not sure how I feel about the added CGI and action - the Dumas story already had action - and flying ships! But I think film is a different medium and if done well, I'll go with the director's vision. I'll watch and decide then. The men still look great in their costumes, and I do love a man with a sword and good swordplay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you liked the spotlight, the actors and the vision, Fabo :) I'm sure you will enjoyed it since I know you like British lads such as Matthew Macfadyen and Luke Evans :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea about this movie! I'm surprised I didn't see any previews or posters of it. :\ Woo hoo, Milla J!

    ReplyDelete
  20. glad to be the first one to inform you about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks so good. Love that there's a woman involved in this all boys club. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am looking forward for this movie,I enjoyed the one with Kiefer Sutherland and the man with iron Mask so much.

    I would say, compare to all three (this upcoming movie and the previous 2),the three musketeers in The Man With the Iron mask has the best cast

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Clarissa
    glad you like it, Clarissa, hope it will hit cinemas in Mexico too! The film just broke records over in Germany where it premiered this weekend

    @Novia
    As you know I can't stand Leo De Caprio, so I haven't watched THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK, but I'm glad you will watch THE THREE MUSKETEERS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well damn it, I'm excited. I didn't realize Logan Lerman was D'Artagnan. I loved him in "Jack & Bobby" and in "Gamer."

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've only seen Logan in PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF so far, and he was nice in that one.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.