Friday, December 3, 2010

FOX TO ADAPT THE DYSTOPIAN SAGA "THE MAZE RUNNER" INTO A FILM. ALEX PROYAS MIGHT DIRECT SF ACTION "AMP" . EPIC ADVENTURE "SCORPION KING III" STARTS SHOOTING IN ASIA

Young writer Daniel H. Wilson, who has sold the film rights for his book ROBOPOCALYPSE to Spielberg even before the book has been released, has got himself a new deal for a film adaptation of yet another of his unfinished novels - AMP. Alex Proyas (I, ROBOT, THE CROW)
will probably produce and direct this near-future science fiction thriller set in a world where the technology designed to make the disabled whole, turns them into supermen. Part sci-fi action and political allegory, the film will explore what it means to be human.

Catherine Hardwicke (TWILIGHT, RED RIDING HOOD) has been offered the helm behind the film adaptation of the dystopian novel THE MAZE RUNNER by 20th Century Fox according to "MovieWeb". The first part of the sci-fi trilogy by James Dashner follows a boy named Thomas who wakes up in a strange place called the Glade with no memory aside from his first name. The Glade is an enclosed structure populated by other boys, and is surrounded by tall, stone walls that
protect them from monsters called Grievers that live in the Maze, which surrounds the walls around the Glade.
Every day, some of the kids who are Runners venture into the labyrinth trying to map the ever-changing pattern of walls in an attempt to find an exit.As soon as Thomas arrives, unusual things begin to happen and the others grow suspicious of him. The Maze seems familiar to Thomas, but he's unable to make sense of the place despite his extraordinary abilities as a Runner.When the first girl arrives in the Glade, she brings a message that she will be the last one to ever arrive in the Glade, as the end is near.

Here's the part when I post some news just as an excuse for publishing some hot pics for my girls and my boys: the shooting of the popular epic adventure THE SCORPION KING III has just begun over in Thailand. The straight to DVD film continues the story of Mathayus, now the deposed leader of an ancient desert empire, as he faces the most terrifying challenge of his life. Handsome Victor Webster plays the lead role, joined by gorgeous Krystal Vee as the beautiful princess Silda, Billy Zane as the conniving King Talus and Ron Perlman as the powerful King of Egypt.

25 comments:

  1. I'm a bit distracted with Victor Webster. Movies? What movies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maze Runner sounds like a great premise for movie. Too bad they are giving it to Catherine Hardwicke. All she's gonna do id twilight the **** out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even read the Maze Runner yet and I'm already excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Samantha
    distraction was my only goal, Sam :))

    @Jaccsy
    I'm totally having the same worry about it, Jaccsy. She's gonna ruin it as she ruins everything she gets her hands on :(

    @Matthew
    it's an intriguing story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMP sounds really interesting! :)
    and THE MAZE RUNNER as well (not sure about Hardwicke- i think the very worst aspect of her direction is action scenes- just terrible. and this film sounds like it would have plenty of those...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to second Samantha's sentiment. *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sci-fi pics sound like my kind of fare.
    When released on DVD I'll be there.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Maze Runner looks cool.
    Oh, & I'm glad to learn that Billy Zane will be in a new movie. He always plays bad guys so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot of positive things about The Maze Runner as a book, although I haven't read it; hopefully the movie will turn out as good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proyas is a visual and inventive director - holds promise.
    Billy Zane? Haven't seen him in a movie in years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vics
    that's exactly my fear, sister, that Hardwicke woman really is a bad bad director.

    @Summer
    I hear you, sister!

    @Rosie
    well, I told ya I had something special for my girls today :)))

    @Arlee
    you're joining the sf forces like Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lisa
    oh, yes, Zane is always so super great as a villain. And he and Kelly Brooke were such a great couple ... They should put him in more flicks.

    @Eagle
    I haven't heard about the book before, but it's obviously quite popular as you said yourself.

    @Alex
    he has moved to B category.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't Proyas going to do that Dracula Year One (Vlad the Impaler) movie? I think Sam Worthington was reportedly attached at one point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Maze Runner looks interesting. I like the imagry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Flixy
    ah, sister, he was/is going to do a lot of things :) You know how the rumors are, maybe he'll do it, maybe someone else will ... time will tell

    @Lyndylove
    I knew you would pay attention to the images :) That's why I've put two :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - Daniel H. Wilson must be an incredible writer! What a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking forward to Maze Runner although Hardwicke is a concern. And as for Scorpionn King 3, I enjoyed the second outing so will watch it when it comes out. Thanks for the post Dez

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Susan
    yep, I've mentioned him a few times here at HOLLYWOOD SPY, and the fellow writers were always amazed reading about his success :)

    @Agent Sanders
    glad you liked it :) And I agree with you on both things you said.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scorpion King III? They should have stopped before they made the first one :P I've heard about The Maze Runner before; it sounds like my cup of tea so I want to give it a read before any movieness infect my imagination when reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what? You didn't like SCORPION KING? I thought you of all would've liked it :))) I loved it, but then again, when I watch such films I always know what to expect - magical adventure and silly action sequences and super stunning sets and costumes. And I don't ask for anything more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Maze Runner could be interesting.

    I watched Scorpion King II, so I'll probably watch this one also. I wonder if the main character is played by same actor who played him in part II? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  22. no, this will be a new actor, Bels. Webster hasn't played Scorpion King before.

    ReplyDelete
  23. yes, it IS a human perfection, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.