Thursday, July 8, 2010

RALPH FIENNES, COLIN FIRTH, GARY OLDMAN AND MICHAEL FASSBENDER JOIN "TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY"

Now this is truly a stunning cast: director Tomas Alfredson ("Let the Right One In") has signed Ralph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Gary Oldman and Michael Fassbender for his new movie "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". The film will be an espionage thriller based on the 1974 best seller penned by John le Carré. The story takes place during the aftermath of the Cold War and revolves around a spy hunter working within the highest echelons of the British Secret Intelligence Service. Back in the 1970s' BBC had a TV series starring Alec Guinness based on the same novel. "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" is scheduled to premiere in 2012.

14 comments:

  1. You are right, Dezmond. Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) I knew you ladies will like such a cast :)) Nice seeing you here, Maria Grazia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I could do was think was, that lucky dog being held by Ralph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Lisa, I knew that picture with Ralph would be enticing to you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge fan of Colin Firth here. Oh, and I love your new poll...Bet you already know who has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cast. I will definitely see this one!

    Michele
    Southern City Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gary Oldman is brilliant in everything!
    Love the new layout Dezz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to like John Le Carre stuff. And with the current Russian spy stuff in the news here in the U.S. maybe the issue will be topical again.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alex and Avalon
    I knew you'd like Oldman and Firth :)

    @Michele
    Amazing, yes?

    @Kristin
    thanks, Kristin, I was changing the design last two days, but I think this one is the keeper :) because it accentuates the middle bar while also giving place for two sidebars. I've also modernized the topic banner as well :) And I see I started a trend - with you and Falen doing the redesign as well :))

    @Arlee
    Agreed, Arlee, these spies in the news stories will bring up the trend of spies on film as well. There is already a bunch of spy and secret agent TV shows being prepared for the Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Avalon
    I'm guessing it's THE SEEKER :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cast is awesome.

    Also, I have a blog award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Medeia
    oh, thanks Medeia, I shall come over immediately as soon as I put on my tuxedo to receive the award appropriately :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.