Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"MATRIX" DIRECTOR GOES GAY, NEW SF FILMS "GARGOYLES" AND "ARCHANGELS", PETER JACKSON CASTING FOR "THE HOBBIT"

We haven't seen director Andy Wachovski much (or almost at all) after he scored an almost legendary success with the famous sf saga "Matrix", but it seems that he is now doing something absolutely and totally unexpected: together with Lana Wachovski, Andy will direct Iraq war film "CN9" for which they are doing the casting right now. Believe it or not, "CN9" will deal with a homosexual relationship between a U.S. soldier and an Iraqi.

Disney Pictures is currently planning a movie about the scary mythological creatures "Gargoyles". It will not be connected either to the popular animated TV series nor to the comic book, but I'm not sure whether it will be connected with one of the popular novels by Andrew Davidson which have dealt with these dangerous creatures.

Joseph Kosinski ("Tron Legacy")will direct "Archangels", a sf action set in the near future about a covert group of agents who battle aliens secretly living among humans. The protagonist is part of an elite force that is tasked with tracking aliens who get past Earth's defense system.

And when it comes to "The Hobbit" news, the latest update from "Heat Vision Blog" says that Peter Jackson has almost closed the deal to helm the highly-anticipated prequel and that he is currently on a casting trip between LA and NY looking for potential actors. Warner Bross is apparently furiously negotiating with MGM to get the films off the ground and release them in 2012 and 2013.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Hobbit, I really hope it happens after all the trouble during the pre-production phases!

    On another note, Dez you should join The LAMB! Your blog is fab and LAMB is a great tool for exposure. tell them we sent you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about LAMB, Angie, but never really understood the whole thing :) And I find their lambladder rather strange, I mean the way they make it .... and I think LAMB would get more exposure from me, than me from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CN9 - wow, surprising, you could have knocked me over with a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not entirely sure we're talking about the same thing. LAMB has like 600 members, and a strong affiliation with TotalFilm. If you joined and made the leaderboard, TotalFilm could feature you in their newsletter, which brings tons of traffic. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to go all fanboy with that type of fantasy news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Robert
    yep, more than surprising :)

    @Angie
    I know, Angie, I was meaning to join LAMB like a year ago and then a few times after that, but never found the time to fill in the forms and apply ... I might look into it when I find some time :)

    @Alex
    yep, sf news just keep on coming these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hobbit films.. plural??? Interesting. I LOVED The Hobbit book, so I surely hope this is done well. I think Peter Jackson should definitely do it so there is consistency with the LOTR trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep, they are planning two parts - one in 2012 another in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dezmond - I hope they get The Hobbit going. That would be awesome. As for Disney having anything to do with the book The Gorgoyle, by Andrew Davidson - I highly doubt it. The book is amazing! One of my all time favs - but WAY to grown up for Disney. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Shells, we shall have to wait and see what kind of gargoyles do they have in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dezmond, there is an article on Screenrush about Bilbo's possible casting. Sylvester McCoy who was the 7th Dr Who. The posters over at TORn are a bit dubious however as they feel he may be a little old.

    Hopefull the movies will get a greenlight soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Mulubinba,
    yep, I've seen that story two days ago, but I've never heard of the actor and don't really find him interesting, so I didn't put it over here at HOLLYWOOD SPY :) Hope they will find some interesting actors.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.