Friday, July 23, 2010

KARL URBAN IS THE NEW JUDGE DREDD! SIX AMAZING "SUCKER PUNCH" CHARACTER POSTERS. JOSS WHEDON IS DIRECTING "THE AVENGERS"

Great news from the ComicCon in San Diego people: my own favourite Karl Urban has confirmed yesterday to "MovieWeb" that he will take the lead role in the remake of the sf blockbuster "Judge Dredd". Directed by Pete Travis and coming to cinemas in 2012, "Judge Dredd" will be set in the Third Millennium where a powerful and efficient hybrid of the police and judicial system has given birth to group of new guardians of the law with the power to dispense instant justice and punishment. These judges are law enforcer, jury and executioner at the same time.

Another news that might excite some of you is that Joss Whedon officially confirmed yesterday that he will, after all, really direct "The Avengers", a movie which will gather together some of the biggest superheroes such as Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk ... The film is set for 2012 release.

And a few days ago I gave you the first picture from Zack Snyder's ("300", "Watchmen") 2011 film "Sucker Punch", but today I have six absolutely amazing character posters from the movie which will follow a girl who is trying to hide from the pain caused by her evil stepfather and lobotomy. She ends up in mental institution and while there she starts to imagine alternative reality. She plans to escape from that imaginary world but to do that she needs to steal five objects before she is caught by a vile man. These stunning posters show her and the five very unique girls which will join her in the adventure.

19 comments:

  1. "Sucker Punch" is such limbo dreams of a bunch of girls in an insane world. I'm always ready if those hawt girls wanna drugs and take me down 3 levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Jaccsy, I'm more than convinced that SUCKER PUNCH will cause many "geekgasms" around the world, it's a typical dream-come-true-movie for boys and men who still feel like boys :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sue me but I actually liked Stallone's cheesy version of Judge Dredd. Still, I can see Karl Urban in that role. Maybe this time it'll be a serious take on the subject. I've not heard of Sucker Punch, but it does look intriguing. Keep us posted, my man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Avengers alliance of all those different superheroes sounds like a power-hitting blockbuster or one chaotic mess to me. One way or another sounds like big box office draw.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've liked Karl Urban since LOTR. Handsome and a great actor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they stick to the original content, Judge Dredd could be cool. The Stallone one was... Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure Karl Urban will ever have a role that out does Eomer, but that's okay.

    Sucker Punch looks different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting about The Avengers. I love Joss :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with RosieC, Joss Wheden and the Avengers is Win Win. Plus, Karl as Judge Dredd. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Eric
    I've written about SUCKER PUNCH last weekend as well, so check it out bellow, and I will, off course, keep the world posted in the future as well :))

    @Arlee
    I hear you man, it does sound like a possible mess and a collision of star auras and vanities, hope everyone will survive the shooting :)

    @Nat
    I loved him since XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS where he was both Cupid and Caesar (you must check out the pics on Google) :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alex
    do you remember that Sandra Bullock was in it too? :)))

    @Matthew
    I think Karl will do bigger things than being just the general of the Riders of Rohan :) Sooner or later he will score big, because he was discovered by me almost ten years ago, and everybody knows if Dezz discoveres you = you will become a major star one day :))))

    @RosiC
    hey, Rosie, welcome to Hollywood Spy, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)

    @Seak
    hey, Bryce, glad you like today's uber-cool news :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also loved Stallone's Judge Dredd. I'm not a fan of Judge Dredd (or Stallone) but that movie was fun.
    This is great news. Karl Urban is an excellent choice for this role. :)

    And those are nice posters for Sucker Punch, But I'm still waiting for the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we could expect a trailer before Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. eek! whedon work! :)
    sucker punch looks interesting... the girls get to kick butt in it, right? it's been too long since i've seen good action where the girls get to kick butt. i miss buffy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet pea je moj izbor :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like one of those old days southern judges...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Aspiring X
    you have another Whedon update above in today's post :))

    @Vlada
    eh, to sam bas i ja rekao pre par dana - da su mi najbolje Sweet Pea i Amber :)

    @Avalon
    well, the Wild West never really ceased to exist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic photo of Mr. Urban, Dez... me likey!! :) Y'know I've never been interested in Judge Dredd, but with him in it, that changes everything, he..he..

    ReplyDelete
  19. ah, Flixy, I have the whole photo shoot of Karl in white :))) But, that doesn't surprise you, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.