Thursday, July 15, 2010

FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURE OF RYAN REYNOLDS AS "GREEN LANTERN". JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS THE NEW MYSTIQUE IN "X-MEN FIRST CLASS"

You didn't think I would let you go without your daily dose of super hero news? Well, first of all probably the most popular news of the day was the first official picture of Ryan Reynolds as "Green Lantern" which appeared around the Net today. It is actually the cover of the upcoming issue of "Entertain ment Weekly" which shows Ryan for the first time in the truly magnificent and modern "Green Lantern" suit. As you know Ryan plays Hal Jordan, a cocky test pilot who becomes an intergalactic superhero with a power ring which can conjure virtually anything he can dream up, so he uses his will and imagination as superpowers. How do you like the look of his suit???

I also have new official updates on "X-Men: First Class" casting: young actress Jennifer Lawrence who got praise for her role this year in indie movie "Winter's Bone" has signed on to play young Mystique who was played marvelously before by stunning Rebecca Romijn in the previous parts of the mutant saga. And the rumor about Kevin Bacon getting a villain role in the same movie has now been officially confirmed - he will really play one of the bad guys in "X-Men: First Class".

18 comments:

  1. Can't wait until my Entertainment Weekly arrives then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that costume looks FREAKING AWESOME! And Kevin Bacon as a villain? That will be sweet! He can play a bad guy really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very cool. I'm excited to find out more. I think Reynolds will do a great job (though I do still have a little bit of worry that there may be some confusion having him play a different superhero after his work in Wolverine...different franchises, I know...which is why I'm sure it 'should' work out fine)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'm drooling, so sorry bout that. *grins* Ryan is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alex
    you are a prescribed reader? :)

    @Eric
    it does, doesn't it??? I adore the shinny stripes on it.

    @Okie
    yep, he can really confuse people with playing too many super heroes, but I hope this one will be his trade mark one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dawn
    feel free to drool, Dawn, we perfectly understand you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that is a mystique I could stand behind or in front of or in general proximity too. oh no, don't do it. Crap, restraining order. Doesn't look like I will be standing within 50 ft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously? Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern? Hubba. Even though those movies aren't usually my thing, I'd be willing to shell out the money to see him. I loved him in The Proposal. I know, I know, chick flick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Budd
    oh, Budd, I knew there was something criminal about you :))))

    @Julie
    Julie, I agree with you that chick flicks can be hugely entertaining and fun sometimes :) Romantic comedies especially!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dez - a) you're breaking my heart.
    2) Ryan Reynolds. M.E.O.W.
    and finally) *sigh* Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is a real heartbreaker, Shells ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Green Lantern looks pretty much as expected. But it looks good. :)

    With all these castings for X-Men First Class I find myself more and more at trouble of accepting this film as X-Men film/story. There are just too many young actors. Not that I mind young actors, or this time period (teenage X-Men). It's just that not all of those characters are of same age. Mystique and Banshee for instance, are more of Professor X and Magneto's age. (Mystique actually a lot older, even though it doesn't show on her.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Bels, where have you been hiding? I already thought your company has sent you to America to stop that oil leakage :PPP
    Well, I guess that's why they call it a reboot - to make a difference between the new and the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not really. :) I wasn't that busy. But I was lazy to write comments. It was always: "I won't write anything today. But I'll write two tomorrow." :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you must have some Montenegrin blood in you ;PP

    bas sam pre par dana trazio nesto po staroj FILMANIJI na Spejsu, pa sam se setio ne samo koliko su to lepe vesti bile (vizuelno sam bas bio kreativan hi hi) nego i koliko smo Vlada ti i ja komentarisali tamo gomilu stvari. Good old times :)
    A da znas da i dan danas mnoge od tih vesti, koje sam onako vizuelno predstavljao na Filmaniji, zauzimaju visoka mesta na google pretrazi slika. Gomila njih je na prvim stranicama pretrage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nego, sumnjiv si mi nesto Bels, nema te nema te, a onda se pojavis cim okacim u anketu slike Ane Nikolic i Jelene Karleuse :)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.