Thursday, July 15, 2010

ELIZABETH BANKS IS LIVE ACTION "TINKERBELL". NEW "HERCULES" EPIC. MARK RUFFALO MIGHT BE THE NEW HULK. "CASSASTAR" TRAILER!

As you've noticed from my recent daily updates Hollywood has gone crazy about fairy tales so I have another fairy tale movie adaptation to announce today: Disney will make "Tink", a live-action film about the adorable Tinkerbell produced by Adam Shankman and McG. The good news is that blond angel Elizabeth Banks ("30s Rock", "Scrubs") is set to take the lead role in the film which will focus on the mischievous nature of the Tinkerbell.

Although the public got excited with the news of Joaquin Phoenix possibly taking the role of Hulk in "The Avengers" from Edward Norton, it seems that we have a new candidate for the role: according to "Deadline NY" Mark Ruffalo is already in final talks to portray The Hulk in "The Avengers". It seems that after "Thor", "Spiderman" and "Captain America" we now have a new casting mystery to deal with in next few weeks :)

A news I mentioned a year ago is hot again: Brett Ratner ("X-Men: The Last Stand") is planning a live-action movie about the famous mythological hero "Hercules". According to "MovieWeb" Avi Lerner ("The Expendables") has been working on the script for over three years and is now looking to use the current trend of epic movies in cinemas to film his story.

And something exclusive which has just come up: check out the first rockin' trailer for CASSASTAR, the upcoming sf book from my great friend Alex. J. Cavanaugh. The book is out October 19th, and you will be honoured to read the worldwide exclusive interview with Alex on the same day here at Hollywood Spy :) Congrats, on the great book trailer, Alex!

17 comments:

  1. Interesting. Banks is certainly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casting seems appropriate. Banks is a hottie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound interesting. I like fairy tales....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Avalon
    I know you do, Avalon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure about Mark Ruffalo in that part, but we'll see I guess. And big time cool points for posting about Alex's book and trailer. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric, I'm not sure about Rufffalo either.
    And don't forget to drop by on October 19th (write it down in your agenda) and read the interview Alex will give to me on the day of his book's release :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for posting this, Dezz! Wish it was a real movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banks looks like one sweet Tinkerbell, but I don't know how interesting the movie story would be, but then again maybe it wouldn't matter. But forget the movies--I'm more psyched about Alex's book trailer. I wish him the greatest of success. Looking forward to reading about who will be starring in the Cassaster movie.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, Dezz will let you know the moment the cast is announced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dez - I think you've finally done it!!!! I've never had a nickname because there has never been one that worked. Shells - huh??

    Anyway, Elizabeth is a cutie patootie for Tink.

    And holy buckets, I'm totally LOVING the book trailer for CASSASTAR. Alex rocks!! You're a good friend Dez. =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Arlee
    she is sweet, and we don't know anything else about the movie yet. And Alex's trailer really is great. You might discover whom he would LIKE to star in CASSASTAR movie in an interview here at HOLLYWOOD SPY on October 19th :)) I'll definitely ask him that question :)

    @Alex
    what??? I thought we had a deal I'll know the information even before the cast is announced so that I could spread the rumor like a true spy :)

    @Shells
    I'm not, I'm just using Alex to sneak into a Hollywood movie set :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for Banks to play a fairy....
    She's the perfect balance of sexy and cute to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Andrew
    I'm just hoping that it will really be a fantasy movie, and not something set in reality.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.