Wednesday, July 21, 2010

COOL PROMO POSTERS FOR "THOR" AND "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER". "FREAKSHOW" AND "THE STRANGE CASE OF HYDE" COMIC BOOK ADAPTATIONS

You know when the ComicCon starts we get a lot of movie treats: "Yahoo Movies" has released today two amazing promo posters which will be used during ComicCon for two of the Marvel's most anticipated films "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger". Marvel is organizing a big panel at San Diego ComicCon this Saturday, and hopefully they might release some pictures and images for both "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" on that occasion, beside these art work posters.

And when we are mentioning "Thor", Mark Protosevich, the screenwriter who adapted Thor for the big screen, is planning to adapt another comic book: it is possible that he will also direct "Freakshow", the film version of the upcoming comic book in which the story revolves around five young people who are turned into mutants with special powers after a chemical explosion and they must decide whether to use their powers to save the city or to exact revenge on those responsible for the explosion.

Another comic book to be adapted into a film is "The Strange Case of Hyde". This Dark Horse comic follows Dr. Jekyll and his alter-ego Mr. Hyde, bringing a fresh view of the famous story by making the split personality the center of a Victorian-era action-adventure that sees him go head-to-head against a historical villain.

13 comments:

  1. Have published this news too today. I just hope it was Pixar that made the adaptation movies so the films will be as cool as those concept arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I've just seen them over at your place as well, Jaccsy, and I've left you a comment :)

    These two posters remind me on something Zack Snyder would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you really need to stop hyping Thor and the Cap. It's going to be way too long before I get to see them on the big screen and it just plain sucks LOL.

    Note to self: Create time machine so you can zoom forward for movies you can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, Eric, that's the problem of reading HOLLYWOOD SPY - I'm usually year(s) ahead of the actual movie premieres :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posters are so cool! My sons will want to see these movies for sure.

    By the way, I love your little mascot guy. Are they called avatars? Anyway, yours really stands out.

    And now, I must cry into my pillow after viewing your Serbian beauties on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice posters! I'm particularly interested in the Freakshow story. What a great illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I hope the Captain America is well made, because it has a real chance to be awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comic Con in San Diego is just 100 miles from where I live. It's all over the news here. I've never been to one of these events, but I guess I'm just not that big of a fan. But I've heard people who have gone just rave about it.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me some superhero movies, bring em on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dezz, keep a lookout for elephants onlone today - I think you may see quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alex
    but I haven't been drinking today :))))

    @Julie
    but, Julie, that's not just a mascot, that really is me :)) If you don't believe me, check out this picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CeMBuGqR_44/TDT13i7bN2I/AAAAAAAACY0/B4KqWcEzYxY/s1600/NNNNN.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lydia
    it really is an interesting art :)

    @Cheeseboy
    ah, it really does have some chance to be awful :(

    @Arlee
    you're at the West coast? It's a huge huge thing, because all of the big studios gather there and reveal their exclusive updates on super hero and sf projects, movies, shows... a kind of a geek Olympics :)

    @Powdered T.m.
    Me love me some superhero movies too.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.