Tuesday, July 13, 2010

AMANDA SEYFRIED CAST FOR ANDREW NICCOL'S SF FILM "I'M.MORTAL". NEW PICS FROM ROMAN EPIC "CENTURION"

One of the best sf directors ever, Andrew Niccol ("Gattaca", "Simone") has found himself a lead actress for his new sf movie "I'm.mortal": Amanda Seyfried has signed to star in the film set in a future society where the aging process stops at 25 and time becomes a form of currency, with the rich essentially becoming immortal and the rest of society struggling to survive. A poor rebel murders a man for his "time" and goes on the run, taking Seyfried's character hostage, when they discover that love is more powerful than immortality. The lead actor hasn't been chosen yet.

I also have four new pictures from the Roman epic "Centurion" coming out August 27th. Starring Michael Fassbender, Olga Kurylenko and Dominic West, the film will follow the famous Ninth Legion which fights against the terrifying tribes known as the Picts in Northern Britain AD 117.

16 comments:

  1. Gattaca was such a good movie, interesting to see what Amanda will do with this director. She really is the it girl of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Avalon and Andrew
    she really is super cute and she really is the it girl of the moment (I even have a problem finding new pics of her to announce all the new projects she's signing :))

    And GATTACA was one of the best sf movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Mortal sounds interesting. Looking forward to Centurion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard In Europe Centurion was released this week. Have you seen it Dezmy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alex
    "I'm.mortal" is kinda your genre, Alex :)

    @Jaccsy
    no, I haven't, unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Niccol movie sounds ineresting...but it has to be careful to not be trite. A dystopian fantasy can be enlightening, or flat. We'll see!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie sounds amazing! And I love Amanda Seyfried. Loved her in Mamma Mia and Dear John too. Thanks for the heads up.

    And thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Michele
    he never makes flat movies, so I reckon this one should be enlightening as well :)

    @Julie
    be welcome, Juls, I loved Amanda in MAMMA MIA and DEAR JOHN too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo I like her. I think she's going places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the movie sounds incredibly real-life, given that healthcare is unaffordable and cosmetic surgery is so available and expensive. and amanda is not bad looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kristin
    yep, especially since next year she'll be the star of RIDING HOOD the horror version of the LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD which is planned as a TWILIGHT lookalike movie :)

    @Ed
    :)))))) love your irony, Ed ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. These both sound like interesting films. Look forward to them. I really like the Roman stuff. Gladiator was a big favorite for me and my wife.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, Arlee, GLADIATOR was and still is rather popular among the American movie lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to CENTURION. Another GLADIATOR fan here... still like to pull that one out for a re-watch now and then. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be welcome, Lynn, nice to see you here at HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope you'll come visiting often ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.